Thursday, September 25, 2014

Operation Sparkle: Running a PR and a new Blog Series

Morning runners,

Two big things happened this past Saturday, and I realized this morning that I have yet to tell you about either! Oops!

The first is that I ran my second 10K this past Saturday. I came out of the gate way too fast (ran a 10 minute mile, which was nice only to know I could do it), which kind of screwed me up for mile 2. It was slow. I couldn't breathe. I got a side cramp. And I really wanted to just sit down in the middle of the road and wait for someone to come take me back to my car.

But instead I kept going. I met and conquered a large hill and then around mile 4, I had a lovely time running the downhill of that hill and managed to cross the finish line at almost EXACTLY the time I was hoping to run (32 seconds over, but that's not too big in the grand scheme). So I had a new time to submit to runDisney, which allowed me to use their new webform to do the submission. I really like it better than the prospect of emailing someone. It even gives you an updated estimated finish time for the 1/2 from your entered time. I know I won't be in the end at the very least.

I am registered for 3 more 10Ks and I think that will be it. One is in October and I want to try and shave 15-20 minutes off my total time and then two weekends in a row in November. We'll see what October's time is before I set a goal for those.

Now onto the second big thing that happened Saturday...I began a new running series over on The Main Street Mouse. You should check it out...though it's things you mostly already know. I'll be sure to link you up everytime a new one is published.

I didn't run Tuesday as I was still kind of sore from pushing so much on Saturday (and almost maybe sorta breaking one of my toes on Sunday), but this morning I was back out on the road and did 2 easy miles. Managed to keep a 12 min pace while wearing my compression socks. Running in them is definitely getting better, but I still need to work on it.

That's all. Keep running junkies.


No comments:

Post a Comment