Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Finally...an update

Morning all,
I'm finally in a position to update...though it's probably not the update you all were hoping for. Let me start by thanking those of you who left your well-wishes on my last post. They really did mean the world to me.

A little update on where I've been:

  • For those of you who haven't read my bio, I am a graduate student working on her PhD in Analytical Chemistry. I craft for the sake of my sanity in the hectic life I've chosen, but this semester has been really rough. 
  • In September, I was collecting the final sample set I need for my dissertation, which kept me incredibly busy for the month. 
  • In October, as soon as that sampling campaign was over, I found myself needing to prepare for an exam that failing would mean being kicked out of my graduate program (slightly important).
  • Once that was done, I had midterms and in terms of crafting, I had to get Christmas presents finished. 
I'm still working on that last bullet point, so rather than leave you all hanging I'm making a decision.

The Run Disney Princess Stitch Along will continue it's impromptu hiatus until the New Year (2014).

Next week, I'm hoping to show you all what I've been up to instead of embroidering Disney princesses in the craft department, because it's my plan to finish my Christmas presents with the small break I get from school for Thanksgiving. 

To all of you stitchers in America, Happy Thanksgiving. Be safe. 

Know that this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for all of you, especially the FiS community and Ms. Jennifer over there who has been so kind to me. 

Until next time, stitch on. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel you! All my crafting is for Christmas at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for you, too, dear! Good luck and no pressure. We'll be here when you have time again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't stress yourself too much.

    ReplyDelete