Thursday, March 5, 2015

Operation Sparkle Recap: The Race Expo

Good morning people!

It has been over a week since I returned from Disney and OH! What a week it has been. I've discovered that I can never go on vacation again, because work gets a little weird in my absence. But I had fun while I was at Disney and cannot wait to go back, so let's get to the recaps, shall we?

I'll start with the race expo, which was crazy! I mean, I knew to expect people and things and lots of things I couldn't afford, but I don't think I expected that level of crazy.

I arrived Thursday afternoon and saw the GREATEST sight in the world:
The only downside to this site was that mom wasn't with me. Her plane had been delayed to mechanical difficulties, I was on my own the first few hours of the trip.

I have to say, I love the new online check-in service Disney is offering. While I was on the bus to my resort, I got a text telling me my room was ready and the room number which meant I could go straight there when the bus dropped me off. Which I did. And it was conveniently next to a bus stop. So I unloaded my carry-on tote (as I took advantage of the Disney checked bag luggage delivery service), repacked what I needed for the expo and was off to ESPN!!



 When I got there, the first thing I did was head to the packet pickup. I picked up my GSC bib and had my picture taken with it (so they could verify I was running). It's important to note that YOU have to pick up YOUR packet. They check IDs to make sure that you are you. This makes it difficult to sell bibs but it's also an added safety feature after Boston.

After I got my GSC bib, I went and picked up my 5K bib and my race shirts. I double checked that the sizes were good, because there is an opportunity for shirt exchange and then it was on to the fun part: SHOPPING.

There are so many vendors at the runDisney expos that it can be a little overwhelming, but that's why I went in with a plan. I didn't want the shoes or the Dooneys, but I had decided I wanted a GSC jacket. When I got there, there appeared to be plenty in each size, but more importantly they had one in mine! I also got an "I Did It!" shirt for the GSC and two GSC headbands. It all cost more than it should have, but YOLO right? I also had the opportunity to meet some princesses, which definitely helped brighten the start of the trip!


 Then I picked up some online orders I had placed with a couple vendors. This is definitely something to look into if a vendor you like is going to be at the expo! Several have the option for you to pick up at the expo, which saves time, and saves shipping costs. Plus you guarantee what you want in your size!


I stopped for one more picture and then it was back on the bus to the hotel to meet mom, who was finally on her way on the Magical Express and we headed to Downtown Disney for dinner, some shopping and then it was time for an early bedtime...3 am would come early the next morning.


to be continued...
 (This blog has been partially cross-posted at The Main Street Mouse)

1 comment:

  1. I was at the expo Thursday too, I never saw the I did it shirts but I did get my PHM jacket :-) The room thing is awesome, I loved getting the text updates too!

    ReplyDelete