Sunday, August 7, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 31 - Still Searching for the Run

August Miles to Date: 3.8
August Average Pace: 14:30
2016 Miles to Date: 193.2
Yoga Sessions this week: 4
Streak Day: 106 (Maximum: 106)
The American 200 - COMPLETE

Transition has proven challenging for my running. When I get up in the morning at my parent's place, I don't feel like running. I'm not familiar with the neighborhood, the streets, it's hilly, I'm tired. I just don't want to. It's weird how the motivation ebbs and flows. It did this in Texas too and I'm not sure if it's because my next goal is so far off, or because I'm not on a real training program yet (I'm waiting to complete my move since I'll be at a new altitude). That will all change in the next two weeks, and I've been keeping up with my yoga in exchange, but still...I miss running but have no motivation. Which is just a weird place to be.

I did a lot of N&N this week (needlepoint and Netflix), which was wonderful. It's been such a long time since I truly haven't had anything to do. And even though I have class prep to be doing (and have been doing), it's not exactly the same (yet) as the workload I felt as a graduate student. It's been so nice to just relax, recharge, and get ready for this next phase of my life.



I also got to ride roller coasters this week, which was so much fun. And I got to meet Snoopy. And I also got to go to the Dressing Downton exhibit, which was an exhibit of various costumes from Downton Abbey. As a long time fan of this show, this was especially exciting. The costumes looked gorgeous on TV, but it paled in comparison to in person. Plus all the details you can't exactly notice on TV were amazing.





The only other really exciting thing that happened this week was my runDisney Virtual Running Shorts medals came! I'm so excited that I got to participate in this inaugural event and I hope rD learned a lot from it and does it again.



Next weekend is graduation (crazy!) and then the roadtrip to Oregon begins! Almost onto the next chapter of my life and it really hasn't sunk in. It's crazy though. I'm almost a proper adult. And I don't know what to do with that. So I'm just gonna keep running...

1 comment: