Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 30 - A Change of Scenery

July Miles to Date: 21.0
July Average Pace: 14:46
2016 Miles to Date: 189.4
Yoga Sessions this week: 3
Streak Day: 99 (Maximum: 99)
The American 200: 194.9/200 (9/16/16 Deadline)

Day 99. How in the world did we get to Day 99????? It's been quite the week. First I had a wonderful Girl's Day Out with some Texas friends for a birthday. We went to a spa and a fancy bowling alley and it was a wonderful way to spend my last day in Texas.

Then I went to Ohio to visit my parents, where I ran Wednesday and Saturday. It's much cooler here than in Texas, but also a little more humid and it rains more often. That's taking some getting used to.

Last night, I got to do something I never thought I'd get to do again - go to Barnes and Noble at midnight to buy a new Harry Potter book. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the reason this blog will be so short. I want to keep reading...and I'm tired for staying up so late. It was much easier to do nine years ago...I'm not as young as I used to be.

My goal for this week's workouts is to finish The American 200 and I feel like it's a very attainable goal since there's only 5 miles to go. After that, I may look into another mileage challenge I've had my eye on.

Keep running.

1 comment: