Monday, February 24, 2014

If this is what bad weeks lead to, maybe I don't mind them so much...Operation Sparkle Update 3

This past weekend was the Princess Half Marathon at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. Which means there is one year until we can do this thing we have undertaken.

You may recall that last week after my Monday run I was less than convinced I had it in me. But then my Friday run became a Saturday run and with the help of my friend Lauren, managed to run 3 miles at 13:30 min/mi. Which is a new personal best for me and 2 minutes off of what I ran 3 miles at 3 weeks ago. And I actually managed to finish all 3 this time.

And then this morning I ran 2.3 miles and managed to maintain that 13:30 pace (or thereabouts).

So needless to say, I'm doing much better with this whole thing...I don't know what I changed or what changed in me, but being able to do this has given me a renewed confidence.

I can do this. I will do this.

We will Sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment