Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Operation: Sparkle - Update 1

I've decided I want to blog about this thing I've decided to do. My girl friends who are doing it with me and I have decided to name it Operation: Sparkle.

Here's the short of it: We're training (and saving) for the Walt Disney World Princess Half marathon weekend in 2015. 

I'm hoping to blog about it once a week to keep a running update (no pun intended) for myself but also to try and inspire others and just share some general thoughts.

I have never been a runner. I've always thought runners were a bit nuts to be perfectly honest. But then, I started working out last summer because I noticed my pants were getting a little tight from just sitting at my desk all day or working in the lab. So me and a couple friends signed up for aerobics at the university. And it was great for the summer, when my schedule is a little more free.

But then the Fall came and the classes were no longer at a feasible time. But I knew I needed to stay active. So I went to my friend Lauren, who was a college athlete and already ran, and asked if she could help me run. And we began the C25K program. It took us the whole semester to get through it, but I found myself really enjoying it by the time we broke for Christmas. So after Christmas break, we started C210K. But I announced a new goal: to RunDisney...specifically the Princess Half. 

And so we did. And we've pulled our friend Bekah in with us. And it's been great. I find myself looking forward to my run days with great longing and anticipation because of the great release of stress I feel from them.

I hope this continues. And I hope you'll come on this journey with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment