Monday, June 16, 2014

Operation Sparkle Update 8: Going farther, getting slower

Patience is a virtue...but it was not a virtue I was blessed to possess on some things. And progress in my training is one of the areas where I have no patience. I want results. I want to see something encouraging, especially as I get closer and closer to registering for my Princess Half weekend and the 22.4 miles I'm going to be committing to that weekend (5K, 10K and half marathon) and my 10K that is in less than TWO WEEKS (aiyiyiyiyi) that will serve as my proof of time.

My long run was 8 miles this past Saturday. I started at sunrise to try and avoid the heat of the day and was about a minute and a half slower than the 6.5 miles I ran two weeks ago. Still under pace for Disney (yay!) but not nearly where I'd feel comfortable being come race time. I know I still have 8 months left. And that I have to start making measurable progress eventually...especially once I get through summer and the weather cools off and I can start going faster. My brain knows this. My brain knows I will get faster. That I just have to stick with it. And by no means am I giving up. I'm too invested in all this to give up now.

I just want to see some progress. I want consistent times...consistent runs.

I know that part of my problem is pacing. I can't seem to find a good stride sometimes...I'm either too fast or walking...so that's something I have to work on.

Maybe I'm just overly critical. Got two more maintenance runs and then another Magic Mile this week. Maybe I'll see some progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment