Saturday, June 21, 2014

Operation Sparkle Update 9: Consistency isn't all it's cracked up to be

I seem to have found a summer pace. The problem is...it's slow. Consistent, but slow.

Part of my trouble the past week or two has been solved...I think I've been slightly underhydrated. I've been taking water with me on every run and I've noticed when I drink more, I'm better.

I ran another Magic Mile today and it was very consistent with the one I ran two weeks ago, with my overall pace being comparable as well. That made me feel pretty good, especially since I was able to run, what felt like, longer stretches, but I must have been at a slower pace.

My maintenance runs this weeks were not as nice. They were slower than I wanted. Now, admittedly it is getting hotter, and therefore I should be going slower, but there is still that part of my brain that wants progress that isn't happy with that. I'm going to approach them from a slightly different place this week, so cross your fingers for me. If it works, I'll clue you in next weekend.

Speaking of next weekend, a week from today is my 10K. I'm getting a bit apprehensive about it, to be honest. I'm scared I'm not going to wake up on time to drive to where the race is (about an hour away). I'm scared I'm going to get lost on the course since I'm running in a place I've never been. But, most of all, I think (and it's something I've been apprehensive to tell anyone when I talk about next weekend)...I'm afraid that I'm going to be disappointed in my time...that it won't be worth it for the proof of time that I need...or that I somehow won't finish.

Catie keeps telling me to trust my training. (Catie is the friend who got me into this to begin with and who I will be doing Princess Half Weekend with). And I know I need to do that.

Maybe the change of scenery will actually be good. Who knows.

All I know, is you'll get a full report when all is said and done. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the luck in the world, Addie!! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimi...I'm trying my best not to freak out

      Delete