Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 10 - Training time, Travel time, Time changes

March Miles to Date: 14.0
March Average Pace: 13:45 min/mi
2016 Miles to Date: 71.3
Yoga Sessions this week: 0

I intended to run 4 miles this morning. But the time changes have thrown off my schedule. Not just daylight savings, but the time zones I've been traveling between. And since I still have one trip left to take, I thought it wise to get my sleep and rehydrate rather than run.

I did get my 9 miler in from last weekend on Wednesday. It took a lot of determination to get it done, but I knew it was important to to my half next weekend. I get back from my last trip Monday night, so Tuesday and Thursday morning, I'll do my maintenance runs and hopefully that will be enough.

The best part of my 9 miler on Wednesday was how consistent I kept my pace. I started at 13:30 and wound up at 14:00 min/mi, which is a lot closer together than my pacing normally is. And I ran every interval the whole time. It gives me hope for a well paced half on Saturday.

runDisney announced a new challenge as part of Wine and Dine weekend and I WANT TO DO IT SO BADLY, but unfortunately it looks like it will be in 2018 after Dopey before I'm able. Sad face.

My travels will be over (for now) after Monday and hopefully that means I can focus on my training again. While it hasn't suffered as much as last semester, it has suffered a little bit and I don't want it to anymore.

Until then, keep running.


No comments:

Post a Comment