Friday, June 21, 2013

"I know you..." - RDP SAL Week 3

Morning Stitchers!

It's Friday and you know what that means - it's time for the next pattern! Don't forget that if you're stitching along, I want to see the finished products so I can post them here. So head on over to the Flickr group and share them with me!!!!

This week's Princess is an oldie, but a goodie. It's Miss Aurora from the 1959 classic "Sleeping Beauty"!



Aurora is an interesting girl to me because being a '50s-'60s princess, she doesn't have quite the independent spirit that some of our more modern ladies have. But I still love her because she had fabulous hair and she didn't want to settle for someone else. She wanted the man she had fallen in love with once upon a dream...not some prince she'd never met. Lucky for her, they turned out to be the same person.


By the way, I always wanted her outfit in the above scene...forget the princess dress at the end...the peasant dress is where it's at!

Aurora and I have only met twice...

That's all for this week stitchers. Get stitching and send in those pics!!!! I'm anxiously waiting to see them!

The Run Disney Princess Stitch-A-Long is a non-profit, for the fun of it stitch-a-long. All patterns are copyright AEAC, all characters are copyright Disney. Stitching patterns based on Michelle Thompson's paper-pieced patterns, done with her permission. No infringement intended. 

1 comment:

  1. Just added your first designs to a big catch-up on Fandom In Stitches!

    ReplyDelete