Monday, June 3, 2013

If all of life was a vacation, it wouldn't seem as sweet.

As I wrote this, I'm standing in an airport waiting to get on a plane and go home after an awesome long weekend away. I got to see old friends, go to a Taylor Swift concert and rest and recharge before my summer work kicks in (though technically I've already started).


As it always is whenever I leave the town I go to grad school in, I don't want to go back. I work hard and a lot when I'm there and the moments I don't have to be there and don't have to be working a few and far between and I cherish them like no other. Their special and priceless and more than necessary to make it through the next 3 years...

But I wish I could manage more of them. I wish I could manage longer ones. Because they help manage. 

I wish I didn't have to go back, but if I only did what I wanted I wouldn't be able to live. And I wouldn't be able to have these trips to look forward to and cherish. 

Now to make it through summer. And to get the Disney SAL up and running. Should be before the end of the week. Hope you're excited. 


No comments:

Post a Comment