Friday, February 13, 2015

Operation Sparkle: The forecast!!!


First of all, let me say that I love that typing in Walt Disney World into the Weather Channel automatically makes the background image the castle. What a sight!

Anywho! Here we are, another blog in our weeklong leadup to the culmination of Operation Sparkle. Today, we are close enough that the entire forecast for race weekend now exists in the 10-day outlook!

I've been a morning runner from the beginning, so I've gotten very used to watching the weather forecasts like a hawk. For morning races and runs, it's not so much what the High is going to be that day, but what the Low will be the night before. And because it's Florida, an idea of overnight humidity.
Thursday night indicates the 5K forecast
So the 5K outlook doesn't look that bad. It may be a little chilly at the start (and with sunrise not until most people will be finished it could stay chilly). I think I've officially decided to pack long pant for that costume instead of capris. Hopefully that will be enough. May need some throwaway gloves as well. And a trusty trash bag.


Friday night indicates the 10K forecast
The 10K outlook look warmer...but it also looks a bit more humid. Still a chilly start, but the thicker air may actually make it feel warmer. I think my capris will be good for this one.


Saturday night indicates the Half forecast
The big one! I'm actually really excited about this forecast. This is great running weather. And my half costume should be perfect to go along with it. The only thing that could be a problem is that humidity. But hopefully it won't be too bad...especially if it's like Saturday, because I'll have an idea of what it feels like.

The good news is *knock on wood...seriously, I'm almost afraid to type it and jinx myself* there doesn't seem to be much call for rain...at least there's that!


No comments:

Post a Comment