Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Operation Sparkle: The playlist

Hey there junkies!

Two posts in one week, what will you all do with me? Well, hang on to your hats, because I'm actually going to try and post everyday in this week leading up to the fruits of my yearlong labors.

Today, I want to talk about music. I always run with music. It helps keep me going and it gives me something to listen to and try and overpower that nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to give up.

In preparation for Disney, I have been running with a mix of Disney and non-Disney tunes. I try my best to alternate the Disney and non-Disney. They have to have a good strong beat to keep me going. And that's really my only criteria.

This is the order my "Let's Go for a Little Run" Playlist is currently in, but as has become my prerace tradition, I will probably run with it like this for the 5K and 10K but then shuffle it up before the half. By doing this, I've found that I get a little extra jolt, since I'm not used to what's coming next. The only exception to that shuffle is the first song. It is always my start off because it's a great opener.
Note: If I've been able to, I've linked the song to a youtube vid of it so that you can hear them for yourselves!


Shew...that looks a lot longer when it's typed out. but I'm a 3 hour half marathoner, so I need enough tunes to get me through. So that I can cross the finish line for these:


What's your must have running tune???

No comments:

Post a Comment