Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 2

January Miles: 11.3
January Pace: 14:18 
Yoga sessions this week: 2

Morning all! This week was the first week of the spring semester and boy was it a doozy. I completed all but one of my workouts though. It took a lot for me to give myself that time every morning, but I did it. And the workout I skipped was mostly from exhaustion, not going into work super early in the morning.

Monday morning's yoga was great, really stretching out everything that had gotten stiff over the weekend. I'm not sure I like the routine I'm using though, so if anyone reading this has video suggestions, let me know.

Tuesday morning's run was amazing. Great pace, great distance, overall I just felt great. Wednesday, the yoga was great again. But Thursday morning I woke up and I just wasn't feeling it. But I've been running long enough to know that the morning's you wake up and don't want to go out are the mornings you have to go out the most. But it was pretty terrible. I walked most of it and didn't go as far as I did on Tuesday. But you have to take the good training runs with the bad. 

Friday was the morning I skipped my yoga. I once again woke up absolutely exhausted and I decided to just take that morning time for myself and sit and watch some TV. Yesterday, I went on a 4-miler, however, and it was fantastic. I felt great and I ran great. Strength training is also going well. I didn't do it before my Thursday run and I'm wondering if that was part of the difference.

I know that part of my exhaustion this week came from work, where we had to move my entire research lab in like, 2 days. While that was taxing, I think part of my waking up exhausted was that I couldn't breathe, with all the dust in the move aggravating my allergies. 

But by far, the hardest part of this week was giving myself the time every morning. It was easier than I thought it would be, but it was also difficult. I would see the time on the clock and think "I need to get going"...but as I predicted, nothing was gone because I waited to go in, and no one was waiting for me to get there. Here's to this week feeling the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment