Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 3 - The first true test of "Me" time


January MTD: 18.9
Average Pace: 14:01 min/mi
Yoga Sessions: 1

This week was the first true test of my resolution to work toward being my best me for Dopey 2018. Due to some stress at work and home, I really thought that I would be tempted back into my old way of doing things. But I made it out on every single one of my runs this week.

Monday I tried a new yoga routine, which I really enjoyed. It's Yoga for athletes and moves a little faster with slightly more activity than the sequence I was using last week, so I think I'm going to stick with this one for a while. Unfortunately, I only got to do it on Monday because Wednesday and Friday I woke up not feeling the best. I don't know if it's the sudden change in the weather or just general allergy stuffiness, but I hope it goes away soon.

Monday was also the day that work got a little crazy, so Tuesday morning was a true test of my resolve. Except I remembered a little something: I have a free gym right next to the building I work in. Yay Student Fees! So instead of waiting for the sun to rise so I could go running at 7 am, I went to the gym when it opened at 6 am and ran on the track. Not ideal, but better than nothing and a nice compromise for needing to run and feeling like I have to get to work.

Thursday I ran outside, and oh my was it gorgeous! The weather was in the 50s and I ran in a tee shirt! I've missed that kind of weather. Unfortunately, it didn't last, and the temperature in the morning was the warmest it got all day, getting cold and windy. Saturday's run was the complete opposite - COLD! I had on so many layers. Luckily it was only scheduled to be 3 miles. I don't know if I could have done a true long run in that. I probably would have wound up at the gym again.

This week I'm hoping to do my yoga like I'm scheduled to and keep up with my runs. Next weekend is my first race weekend of 2016, with the Phoenix Challenge (5K Saturday, Half on Sunday). I'm a little concerned about the half because I haven't run that far in almost 8 weeks (my last half at the beginning of December). Hopefully my muscles remember something about it.

Until then, run on...

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog. Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job.Keep it up
    Film Vs Digital Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read. I learn new information from your article, you are doing a great job. Keep it up
    Take a tour to paypal gift card generator no human verification

    ReplyDelete