Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 13 - Learning the importance of Yoga

April Miles to Date: 0.0
March Average Pace: --
2016 Miles to Date: 94.8
Yoga/Strength Training Sessions this week: 5
Streak Day: 8 (Maximum: 9)
The American 200: 20.9 mi/200

I kept my streak up this week, even if I only ran once. I woke up with a headache on Thursday, and then yesterday, my IT bands made my hips feel like they were on fire. It had been building for days and I foolishly ignored it and now, now I wish I could run. 

This week I learned the importance of my yoga as I increase my mileage. I stopped a week or so ago because I didn't like the routine I was using, and between just my strength training and running, added to the uncomfortable chair I sat in most of the week, I really tightened up my IT bands. So yesterday I found a new yoga routine which is wonderful, and I'm hopeful to be back at it on Tuesday. I think I'm just going to push back everything two weeks since I've skipped my last two Saturday runs. 

Still, my March calendar wound up looking a lot better than my February one. 


So here's to April.

On a personal note, I accepted a job on Friday. Which means no more travel (or less travel at least), and no more interviews, and more consistent training (or at least less excuses). Now I just need to defend. And goodness knows I will need my workouts to keep my sanity in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment