Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 19 - Virtual Reality

May Miles to Date: 5.5
May Average Pace: 14:37
2016 Miles to Date: 116.8
Yoga/Strength Training Sessions this week: 4
Streak Day: 22 (Maximum: 22)
The American 200: 106.77/200 (9/16/16 Deadline: 41 miles ahead of schedule)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: 5.5 miles (Leg 1)

A lightning storm yesterday morning (coupled with the gym being closed for the intersession) killed my plans to run 13 miles. But otherwise, I stayed on plan all week. And when my plans were ruined yesterday, I just adjusted the plan. I did a new yoga sequence (Yoga Tone...man was that intense!) instead. I know it wasn't the same workout as 13 miles, but at least I did something. And it kept my workout streak alive. As predicted it's becoming "the norm" and everyday I wake up and consider not doing a workout, I'm motivated by the fact the counter will reset to 1 if I don't...

I'm also discovering more about the world of virtual racing. Not being able to race for bling is sad after a year of bling earning. But I know financially and logistically, I can't be traveling like I did in 2015 for races. And I need to focus on my training if I want Dopey 2018 to be a reality. So I'm warming up to the idea of the virtual race. Especially ones that are mileage challenges. Like the Texas 200 that I completed in March, or the American 200, which I'm currently completing. 

I signed up for the first leg of a new challenge this week: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This is a 6 part Challenge, with each leg a different length. The first leg is 22.4 miles, and I'm currently 5.5 miles in. Next weekend, I also have the first race of the Virtual Running Shorts coming up. The Yellow Shoe race event started today and I have until June 1 to complete it. My plan for completing it is including in my plan for the week below. 

I'm so proud of myself for sticking with my streak this week, especially after a week on vacation. It would have been really easy for me to not get back to it, but if anything, Disney inspired me to continue working toward my next runDisney race.

This week, I think I'm going to shake up my MWF routine, since I'm exploring my yoga possibilities. I'm excited to see how it goes. Let y'all know next week!

Plan for the week:
  • Monday: Runner's Yoga, Quick Abs Yoga Workout, Strength Training
  • Tuesday: 2.5 mile maintenance run (All miles for Alice's Adventures)
  • Wednesday: Runner's Yoga, Quick Abs Yoga, Yoga Tone
  • Thursday: 3 miles (Hill workout! All miles for Alice)
  • Friday: Runner's Yoga, Quick Abs Yoga Workout, Strength Training
  • Saturday: 13 mile training run (3.1 miles to Yellow Shoe Virtual 5K, 9.9 miles to Alice)

No comments:

Post a Comment