Friday, May 6, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 17 - Making the most before a week off

I forgot to publish this Sunday, but here it is! See you in two days to talk about this week!!!


April Miles to Date: 16.5
April Average Pace: 14:16
2016 Miles to Date: 111.3
Yoga/Strength Training Sessions this week: 3
Streak Day: 8 (Maximum: 9)
The American 200: 37.3 mi/200 (9/16/16 Deadline: 12.5 miles behind schedule)

Dopey went on sale this week. And it didn't sell out right away. Which made me want to register all the more. But I know two things: 1) I cannot afford it yet and 2) I can't guarantee that I can devote my training time. I know I'm going to do my best once I move, but I don't want 48.6 miles hanging over my head. And I would prefer to get one more year to get a proper Proof of Time and proper training.

But I did get to register for the new Virtual Race series runDisney announced. I'm finally coming around to the virtual races...not all, but some. I like the rD ones just because it's an organization I like and support and if I can't race at Disney until 2018, at least I can race for Disney. And I like the longer distance ones like the Texas 200 or the American 200 I'm doing now because there is a degree of accountability to it. It's exciting to have "races" again on my calendar. My mom registered for them too, which was so exciting! I hadn't told her, but I was hoping I could convince her to do a 5K the next time we do a rD weekend, and this is certainly a step in the right direction!

I made both my runs this week. I went to the gym on Tuesday thanks to humidity and needing to get it in earlier than the sun is currently coming up since I'll be gone all next week, but I did it nonetheless. Thursday I woke up with a small headache (thanks a lot allergies), but I decided to go out anyway and I'm glad I did because I actually felt better when I was done! It still amazes me how that works.

I did all my yoga/strength training this week too. I did most of them at night, which seemed to work really well. 1) It really helped me let go of my day and 2) it worked really good for my schedule. I may have to try and keep this up in the future.

But for now, it's time to make some more magical memories with my mom (that don't involve 3 am wake up calls!). See y'all next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment