Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Road to Dopey: Week 21 - The Texas Rainy Season

May Miles to Date: 23.3
May Average Pace: 14:08
2016 Miles to Date: 134.6
Yoga/Strength Training Sessions this week: 4
Streak Day: 36 (Maximum: 36)
The American 200: 124.6/200 (9/16/16 Deadline)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: 22.4 miles (Leg 1 - Complete!)


I did the best I could this week. My Thursday run became yoga because I woke up to thunder and lightning. And the gym is still on intercession hours. Which is inconvenient. I had intended to run Friday instead, but I woke up to thunder and lightning again. So I did more yoga/strength training. Yesterday I had intended to run 7 miles, but I got sick at 1.6 miles and went back out for 2.5 more. I had intended to run 3 more this morning. But I woke up to an imminent thunderstorm.

We're in the middle of the Texas rainy season, and while I'm grateful that the worst we've gotten is that I haven't been able to run as much as I'd like, it's still getting annoying. At least the summer session starts soon, which means that the gym will be open in the mornings again.

I got the go ahead to schedule my defense this week, which is awesome but terrifying. I've been working on my dissertation non-stop since then, writing what needs to be written. I'll have the first draft completed this week, which feels incredible and terrifying. I'm going to need the run so much in the next few weeks.

I also completed the first leg of my Alice virtual race yesterday. It took a little longer than I thought because of the rain and the back tracking in my training, but I still did it! I'll be registering for leg 2 (White Rabbit) this week, after payday.

That's really all I know. Today I'm taking a mental break and not working on my dissertation. I think I need it, and have earned it. Lounging, crafting, and Harry Potter weekend. Yep, sounds great!

Training plan for the week:
Monday: Runner's Yoga, Yoga Abs, Strength Training
Tuesday: 3.1 miles
Wednesday: Runner's Yoga, Yoga Abs, Yoga Tone
Thursday: 3.1 miles
Friday: Runner's Yoga, Yoga Abs, Strength Training
Saturday: 9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment