Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Run Disney Princess Stitch-a-long: An Explanation

Now that Jen over at Fandom in Stitches has linked to this project, I guess I should offer an explanation as to what exactly this is...

The Run Disney Princess Stitch-a-long was born because I wanted to make a quilt for my friend Catie. She's a runner and she runs all the Disney Princess marathons. I thought a quilt commemorating this would be an excellent gift for her and I wanted to include the Disney Princesses (and then some) because the Disney women mean a lot to both of us.

Most of these patterns were based on paper-pieced patterns designed by Michelle Thompson and can be found here. I thank her for letting me post my version of them here.



So here's the deal:

  • Once a week I will post a new pattern. They have been planned out ahead of time and right now there are set to be 23. The first pattern will be posted next week. I'm thinking Fridays but I reserve the right to change it...
  • These patterns will have been tried by me first and will include a picture of my finished work. 
  • There is a final layout designed that I will happily share with you all near the end. 
  • Right now, you need enough fabric for 32 - 8.5 x 8.5" squares in whatever base color you want plus one larger center square at 18.5 x 18.5"
I hope you'll take this journey with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment