Friday, July 12, 2013

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell. - Run Disney Princess SAL Week 6

Good morning stitchers!

It's Friday and you know what that means!

It's time for another pattern in the Run Disney Princess Stitch Along!

This week we have my all time favorite Disney princess...the star of the first movie I can remember seeing, the woman who taught me it was okay to walk around with my nose in a book and my head in the clouds dreaming of adventures bigger than myself. Who taught me it was okay to be the intelligent girl. The woman who still inspires me at almost 25.

Click the pic!
I think she came out perfect. I love Belle so much. I think she is an important inspiration for girls everywhere. I hope you all enjoy stitching her.

Fun fact: when I was about 2 or 3 and went to Disney World all I wanted to do was meet Belle. We had just missed her and I started crying. My dad went up to the cast member that had been with Belle and told him/her the situation and they told him where Belle would be next in the park. Not only did we make it there and wait for her and the Beast, but when she came out from behind the gate, she was asking for me by name. Never argue the magic of Disney with me. Because that castmember made a little girl's day and hooked her on Disney for a lifetime. 


Don't forget to send your pics if you're stitching along (there's a link to a Flickr group in the side bar).

Happy Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment