Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Some days I want to apologize...

Only now, in my mid-20s, have I begun to be aware if how terribly annoying I must have been as a child. Being smarter than every one else...needing to prove it and constantly show it. Being a stickler for the rules and not letting it go for anything.

I want to go back and apologize for all those times I fixed spelling mistakes of others publicly. That time I got my whole class in trouble for lying to a substitute. 

I wish I could say I'd grown out of such antics...instead I've grown into recognizing them and spend a lot of time biting my tongue and sitting o. My hands (progress, right?)

But I know I still go back there and I can't really help it...but it's not until someone does it to me am I faced with just how annoying it can be. 

I'll do better. I'll try to make it less of a nervous tick. I'll try to be less so only awkward.

I'll try.


No comments:

Post a Comment