Monday, May 20, 2013

What do you want from me?

Sometimes I can't handle when people are less organized than I am. I know that I am abnormally organized about most things: I write everything in my daily planner (this year is Downton Abbey); at work, everything has a file folder, or a notebook or a binder it goes in; at home there's boxes and plastic totes and drawers and shelves. My life is a chaotic mess most of the time. So if I can't keep the simple things organized, they'll never get done.

I know this isn't normal, but it's how I am. And it's how I function to make sure the things that need to get done get done when their supposed to. I keep up my end of the unspoken bargain. Which is why it infuriates me when someone doesn't hold up their end. Especially when the dropping of that proverbial ball leads to my own inconvenience. When it leads me to not be able to do the things I need to do. When it prevents my life from moving forward. 

I admit that people doing things for you is an inevitability of life. To some degree, we as humans are always dependent on someone else for SOMETHING. No man is an island after all. But sometimes I wish this woman could be. Because there are moments, like today, when I realize the only person you can truly count on is yourself.

*this has been a rather pessimistic first post. Promise they won't all be.
Here's a picture of a cat that isn't mine. Maybe she'll make this post a little brighter. As I cat-sit, I realize that she is dependent on me...if only humans were as easy as cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment