Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thanks for the big finish...you left me wanting more...

I just watched the series finale of Smash (I almost wrote season, without thinking...that's how "in denial" I am). What a great, though sometimes strange, journey it has been.

A year and a half ago when I first met Karen Cartwright and Ivy Lynn, I fell in love with a world I thought I knew all over again. As someone who can't make it to New York on a regular basis, doesn't get to see touring productions as often as she'd like and misses the repertory theatre I was lucky enough to live near for 7 years, a television show that brought me the world of broadway, the show-stopping musical numbers and real adult drama (as opposed to another show where childish drama is performed by adults), was bound to change my life. Though I didn't know how profoundly that effect would be. 

Smash gave me something I didn't know I needed and now, to have it unceremoniously ripped away from me by a giant peacock is something I cannot come to terms with. 

There's no more new Smash. I'll never turn on my tv to see what new drama is unfolding (Ivy and Derek raising their baby-will they get married? Jimmy is in jail for at least 6 months...will Karen wait? Will they be together again? Did Ana go on tour or did Daisy get fired? What movie musical is Julia and Tom writing?) or a new show-stopping musical number.

I don't know what to do about this. But I'm definitely not ready to face it. 


 At least Jeremy had a sense of humor about it.

Btw- Bonnie and Clyde shouldn't have closed so early, either. It seems like the curtain drops too soon on all the good things out there...yet American Idol, Survivor and The Apprentice are still on the air. 

Explain me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment