Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Pride and Satisfaction of a job well done

There's something oddly satisfying about wearing, using or sleeping under something you made yourself. And for the past few nights, I've been doing just that.

I've been sewing since I was a wee child of 5 and though I have made many things since then, and taken on many crazy projects (senior prom dress and Project-of-Doom -- I'm looking at you), I think my new bedding is the one I am most proud of. Because people pay good money for bedding that they like. They often search far and wide for the perfect pattern while staying within a certain budget and I got exactly what I wanted because I made it entirely myself.

I'm incredibly proud of myself and look forward to using this quality piece of crafting for years to come.

So glad I became a quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment