Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weather Watching

Yesterday, weather ravaged the midwest and my heart goes out to all those affected. And as I looked at the images I'd avoided for hours, because I feel things too deeply and I didn't need to see that suffering, my own stream of warnings started coming in.


Without really noticing, it started raining.

And then it really started...

But soon enough I could see the end was near.


Now I'm waiting for the next line to pass, but it looks like it won't be so bad. Thank goodness.

I find it funny how at the mercy of this planet we are. We try so hard to be in control of everything but this is nature and there's nothing you can do about it. Sometimes I think Mother Nature is reminding us if our own mortality...chiding our hubris...our thought of invincibility. And then I hear the thunder and know God is laughing along with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment